Do's & Dont's.
Tips for a Smooth Loan Approval
Below are key items to do and to avoid during your home lending process. This list will help keep your loan on track and ensure an effortless home loan experience. Unsure if something will affect your loan approval? Just ask us! We have seen it all and can answer any of your questions.
- Immediately inform your Loan Officer if there are any changes in your employment, income, or assets.
- Continue living in your current residence.
- Continue making all mortgage or rent payments.
- Continue to make payments and stay current on all existing credit accounts.
- Be prepared with an explanation for any credit “blemishes” and recent credit inquiries.
- Research and select a preferred homeowner’s insurance provider.
- Make any major purchases or home improvements. (ie. auto, boat, appliances, furniture, pool)
- Apply for new credit or loans.
- Pay off any charge-off accounts, collections, loans, credit cards, or consolidate debt.
- Close any credit card accounts, max-out, or over-charge credit accounts.
- Change bank accounts of transfer balances from one account to another.
- Change the source of your “closing funds.”
- Deposit large amounts of cash into your own bank account without proper documentation.
I really appreciated that John kept me up-to-date on what was happening, and assured me that everything was moving along smoothly. He was always professional and upbeat and knowledgeable about whatever the situation was, which was occurring. I did not worry due to his reassurance that everything was flowing smoothly with my loan.
Once again, David and his team saved a deal! He was kind, caring, and patient with my client and assisted him in understanding what needed to be done and why. Communication was excellent and David did what he said he would do. Even with the delays due to volume, COVID, and fires, David remained in communication throughout these domino escrows.
Even during a pandemic and with half the county on fire, our re-fi was a smooth and painless process. Ari is an exceptional communicator--always available, super chill and helpful. We got the amount we wanted at a rate lower than we thought possible.
We have dealt with Krishneel three times now, and he is awesome! He's always available, very easy to talk to and has a great attitude and personality. He's very knowledgeable, professional and he has a calming influence that I definitely appreciate. The best!
John and his crew were on the ball from the beginning. Great communication and very direct and to the point. If he missed your call or email, he would respond back ASAP. John made sure we had no questions or concerns all the way til the very end. Overall experience was stellar and superb.
Great response time, updates, and a team that did a great job explaining things. Loved the video updates too. It's nice to see a face talking about the process, where we're at and simply taking the time to connect. I felt like I was heard and in competent hands the whole time.