A little preparation in advance, will keep you moving quickly all the way home.
Get ready. Get set. Go, go, go!
Items that may be requested during your home loan process:
- Valid photo identification
- Bank/asset statements for the last two months on all checking, savings, stock, mutual funds, IRA, or other liquid assets you would like on your loan application
- Pay stubs for the last 30 days
- W-2 forms for the past two years
- Federal tax returns for the past two years, including all schedules
- If self-employed or you own more than 25% of a business, copies of business tax returns for the past two years, including all schedules. Provide all K-1's to prove ownership interest in any entity.
- For other real estate owned, we need loan information, monthly payment, and any rent collected
- Home owners insurance contact info
- Landlord/mortgage company information for past two years
- Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 or Statement of Service, if applying for a VA loan
- Bankruptcy or property short-sale/foreclosure information
- A copy of the settlement statement if you sold property in the last three months
- Child support payment info, copy of divorce decree and/or separation agreement, if applicable
- A copy of the signed real estate contract, if you've already made an offer on a home
- Resident alien card, front and back, if applicable
For Refinancing your home, some additional information may be needed:
- Current mortgage statement for property you want to refinance
- Current second mortgage or equity line statement for property you want to refinance
- Estimated value of your home
- Recent annual Homeowners insurance policy statement for the property you want to refinance
Pursuant to Federal law, a lender shall not require a borrower to provide such documentation prior to issuing a Loan Estimate. However, you may voluntarily provide documentation to us for consideration. Your loan officer can provide you with a list of documents that are helpful to a lender when pre-qualifying a borrower.